Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Victoria square mysteries By: Lorraine Bartlett


I really like this series. I am not an arts and crafts type of person, so I usually don't read the cozies with craft hobbies, such as sewing, knitting, quilting, etc.  I kind of thought this was going to be like that, but it was not.  Katie Bonner runs a business, the author does not go into to much detail about that aspect.  Katie has lots of friends she is always helping out.  I think she bakes more than anything.  I love the culinary cozies!  So this was fine by me.
A Crafty Killing flowed nicely.  I had no idea who the killer was going to end up being.  I was equally amazed how everything connected at the end.  Katie's novice style of running a business was funny.  I feel like I connected with this lead character.  (That is a must for me!)
The Walled Flower brought another really good mystery.  And once again, I had no idea of the killer.  Katie becomes a little closer to a guy in this story.  I will not give to much away, but let me say how do you get sick of pizza?!  She has trouble finding an apartment throughout the book.  At the end of the story it left me hanging, did she find an apartment?  I guess I will just have to see in the next installment.

Lorraine Bartlett

No comments:

Post a Comment