Monday, June 11, 2012

Sugar maple series By: Barbara Bretton

This series is pretty good.  I picked up the first in the series at the library because it kept coming in and out and I thought I would give it a try.  It really entranced me.  Chloe is a fun character.  She is almost like a normal girl with normal girl issues, but she is a sorceress and she is just beginning to get her powers.  The first in the series, Casting Spells, introduced us to Chloe and Luke and the feud in the town that has been going on for 300 hundred years.  The town of Sugar Maple is full of magic folk.  When the town first came to be there was a spell cast over it so that normal people would not notice anything was off.  Chloe is the last heir of the original founder of the town and she alone needs to fulfill her destiny in order for the spell to stay in tact.  There are also funny and interesting friends and neighbors.  Each book in the series is different.  They always were fighting something but yet different.  Anyway, Laced with Magic, Spun by Sorcery, Spells and Stitches, and a short story, which in my opinion should be read before Spells and Stitches, Charmed should all be read in order because each one is necessary part of the tale.  I hope there are more in the future.  It seems to be set up that way, but who knows!







2 comments:

  1. MICHELLE!

    I am sorry I am such a punk and missed our library party...
    I love you and your cute blog.
    I hope we talk soon.
    We should get cocktails.
    I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those series that I always think I'll get to eventually but never actually start. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete