Monday, January 7, 2013

Defending Jacob By: William Landay


A few of my co-workers read this book and wanted me to read it also.  They said it was great with a twisted ending.  I read what the book was about... a 14 year old boy is accused of murdering a classmate.  I thought this was a little to close to home.  I have a 14 year old son!  I would never think a child capable of something  so heinous.  This book is the trial of Jacob.  The story is told to us by his father Andy.  I tore through this book in a matter of days.  Oh my!  Now I understood why my co-workers wanted me to read it and then discuss the end.  I deliver books to a patron that is home-bound and when he read it, I told him to call me so we could talk about the end.  Just like everyone else, he was shocked!  If you like a good drama then I would recommend you read this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment