Saturday, January 12, 2013

Grounds to Kill By: Wendy Roberts


I am not sure if I have mentioned this on my blog yet... Wendy Roberts is my favorite paranormal cozy author!  Her series, The Ghost Dusters mysteries, was my first introduction to the genre.  I loved them so much that I went out and found other books like them and now I'm hooked.  At the time there were not many paranormal cozies, but now it seems everyone has caught the bug!  Yippee for me!!

Anyway... Wendy Roberts latest book, I pre-ordered obviously, was not a let down.  I thoroughly enjoyed it!  I think each character is created perfectly.  The paranormal twist has Jen, the main character, with the ability to write messages from a spirit guide.  That is a new one for me.  I like that the messages were cryptic that way she and her friends, Beth and Mallory, had to figure out what the meaning of the doodling meant.  Her dad being a paranoid schizo and homeless also added another element to the story.  I hope this is a series and she continues with these characters.  I would recommend this book to everyone interested in the genre!  Kudos and thank you for another well written FUN book!

No comments:

Post a Comment