Monday, January 14, 2013

Pies and Prejudice By: Ellery Adams


This is one of the cutest books I have read in a while.  I fell in love with the wonderful characters.  The Lefaye woman each have their own perfected personalities.  Ella Mae is the leading lady of this deliciously sweet series.  Even the name "Ella Mae" sounds as sweet as pie. 
Poor Ella Mae is shafted by her husband so she runs home to Havenwood, Georgia to be with her mom and aunts.  She opens a Charmed Pie Shoppe with their help.  Ella Mae also encounters people from her past.  Some good and some not so good.  A murder or two just so happen around her arrival so of course she is likely to be blamed.  Not unusual for a cozy mystery.  What I did like about this book is that Ella Mae is very discreet with her investigating.  I like that a lot.  Sometimes in cozies the amateur sleuth can be a bit pushy.  This is also a different take on the paranormal side.  Pies and Prejudice was just a wonderful book!  I can not wait for the next in the series, Peach, Pies, and Alibis!

1 comment:

  1. You are a book reading maniac! And I miss you still. See you soon?

    ReplyDelete